Saturday, December 19, 2009

Its Snowing Paper!

Hello loves!

I don't know about you, but I just finished my finals! (Well ok, not technically I have to do a sign language final on Monday which involves signing but done with written finals!)

And I made about 350 notecards. Yup. So what to do with all these notecards? Uhm...make snowflakes...DUH!

So here are my easy steps to make a paper snow flake out of notecards!

**DISCLAIMER: YOU MAY CUT YOUR FINGER WHILE DOING THIS. NO, REALLY, I ALMOST DID BECAUSE THIS IS FREAKING HARD ON SUCH A SMALL SCALE!!! THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS! :) **

(Sorry its the law student in me)

1. STEP ONE: Locate your index cards! Oh!

002

2. STEP TWO: Fold your index card in this manner to create a square! Yeah uhm, just look at the picture ;)

004

3. STEP THREE: Cut and discard of the non folded side!

005

4. STEP FOUR: Wait why am I numbering and then saying the step number when it obviously corresponds...ANYWHOZIE. Fold triangle like so! I like to use a bone folder from Martha Stewart. No really, it makes a great crease! Haha!

006

007

(In liu of bone folder, a pen works!)

5. STEP FIVE: Begin to cut out triangle like shapes. Or any. Triangles are easy for those of us who consider stick figures to be art. DO NOT FOLD FURTHER BECAUSE YOU WILL CUT YOURSELF AND THE SNOWFLAKE. TRUST ME.

008

6. STEP SIX: Unfold and Tada!

013

BONUS! What to do with all those little cut out pieces? Why slip them into a special someone's Christmas card. Special someone being someone you don't care for or who hates confetti and messes! Haaha I kid!!

015

024


Last year my best friend and I covered my room in full size snowflakes, they're much easier to make on a larger scale!!
006

Paper snowflakes are a great way to bring Christmas cheer to your dorm room when your school decides to ban Christmas trees and Christmas lights...!

♥ Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment