Monday, August 1, 2011

A Mid-Summer Night's Favorites!

Hello Lovelies!

So I was going to do a monthly favorites but I decided that I would do some of my favorites of the summer! Because since its scorching, I've been keeping things simple and light. Cream products, waterproof makeup and lots of gloss!

midsummerfav
All together now!

fixplusbeautyblender
I have been loving MAC's Fix+ with my beauty blender! Seriously, its the best way to set my makeup. Just a few spritz on the blender and bounce on top of my foundation so it looks in place, fresh and not powdery!

msfnatural
Ok, even though I haven't been a fan of powder, I have wearing pretty much only a dab of concealer and a quick swirl of MSF Natural. And the Sigma F30 does an amazeballs job of covering!

eyes
udswatches
Urban Decay's shadow pencils and their new liquid liner = staple. They're waterproof, last all day and don't smudge! Left swatch is "Midnight Cowboy" and "Sin". My only problem is that you kinda have to get their ten dollar sharpener. I'm too afraid to butcher the pencils!

moreeyes
potswatcbes
Cream shadows! With a primer, these last all day, and look fresh. Swatches from left to right are MAC's "Rubenesque" , "Bare Study" and Makeup Forever's "016". I gotta admit, I prefer MAC's paintpots to MUFE's Aqua Shadows, the MUFE shadows have the WORST chemical odor. It reminds me of acetone, not a fan. And paint pots are much easier to blend!

facee
cswatches
Yup, creams and stains are my new loves. From left to right, Benefit's "Coralista", Urban Decay's "Crush" and "Quickie" and Benefit's "Benetint". "Coralista" is the only powder blush that I have been really wearing, and the UD cheek tints last all day and stain the cheeks! "Benetint" is a hardcore stain, and it looks scary in the bottle but gives you a sexy flush! All about that flush!

lips
lswatches
I have not picked up a lipstick all summer. All glossy goodness! From left to right are Urban Decay's Lip Junkie in "Crush", MAC lipglasses in "Pink Poodle" and "Pink Lemonade", YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in "04" and "06" and Buxom gloss in "Kanani".

In a nutshell, keeping it light and simple, pink and coral, and neutral/bronzey lids (hey, I can't get naturally bronze on my face!)

Any summer must haves for you? Of course SPF, but I work inside all day ;)

062
Aaaaaaaaaand Max is watching some trashy Jersey shows with me! Real Housewives of New Jersey and Jerseylicious! He knows his mama is a New Yorker!

♥ Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. Awww cute puppy! I love my beauty blender, too! Did you know that NYX's sharpener is EXACTLY the same as the UD one? And it's like $4 or something. I can't remember if I got mine from Cherry Culture or Ulta, but I have the UD sharpener too and they are seriously the same one, made at the same company, etc.! I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That is awesome about the sharpener! I may have to order one! I have the new UD lip pencils and I am kinda iffy about sharpening them with my eye sharpener! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete