Thursday, October 28, 2010

Korres vs. Nivea

Hello lovelies!

Woo, look at this! Another post?! I love how nights where I am up all night doing homework, I can fall asleep right away but nights when I don't? Yeah, I'm up :)

A couple posts back I mentioned how I picked up a Korres Lip Butter in "Wildrose" mostly because I like a darker lip in the colder months and gotta stay hydrated.

But then a couple days later I saw at the pharmacy (yes, pharmacy not a CVS or other chain, my school's town lacks that!) a Nivea Kiss of Moisture lip conditioner in "Cherry" and I thought that it could dupe my recently purchased Korres.

So is it? TIME FOR AN ULTIMATE LIP CONDITIONER FIGHT!

Price and Availability: Korres: $10 and available at Sephora and some department stores, and their website. Nivea: $$ Varies but I bought mine for $2.50 which is about average and can be found almost everywhere, drugstores, Target, Walmart, supermarket....!

Packaging: Korres: A 0.21 oz pot while the Nivea is classic-twist container with 0.17 oz. This is Korres' BIGGEST problem with me, the fact I need to stick my finger in and then rub it on my lips...eek! Not convenient!

Color Payoff: Both are lip conditioners not lipsticks so of course not super pigmented but both are the same redish-purple-plumish hue. Korres is slightly more pigmented and a bit more plum while the Nivea is more pink. And the Korres has a very glossy finish, which is nice!

Flavor: I never ate a flower but Korres, this tastes like a rose. And Nivea? I'm a sucker for cherry!

Hydration: I felt that the Korres did not stay on as long as the Nivea! I felt after an hour, I had to reapply. While my lips from the Nivea felt like they were rubbed with butter, that slippery and nicely hydrated.

Winner? Nivea! Yeah, I WENT THERE AND BUILT A HOUSE THERE. I know all the beauty gurus swear by Korres but for 1/8 of the price you can get a near perfect dupe! And in my opinion it tastes better, hydrates better and is more convenient. Then again, I have yet to try other Korres flavor and I am kinda bias because the original Nivea "Kiss of Moisture" is like beyond amazing. But still for $10, you bet I'm gonna finish that baby up!

002


004
Top is Korres and bottom is Nivea

008
Left side is Nivea and right is Korres

So, thoughts? Tried either and/or both? And can you tell a difference?! :)

♥ Chelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment