Friday, February 25, 2011

Clarisonic Mia!

Hello Lovelies!

I finally splurged. On the Clarisonic Mia.

I've been thinking about buying one for some time now, and I got my first tax rebate back (snaps for Massachusetts taking out 10-15% out of my paychecks in taxes!) so I figured I'd invest it in something. Like, my skin?

mia1


Now, I have looked at the cheaper alternatives but the verdict remained the same. I read reviews for the Sally's knock-off and the new Olay one but most of the reviews were that they didn't last that long, only lasted a few months. And the brushes were not nearly as soft, and that is crucial for my fair skin.

I've had skin problems since I was 12, I'm 20 now. My biggest concerns are breakouts, oilyness, enlarged pores on my nose (like one of them is so big it looks like it was pierced there!) and also on my forehead and redness.

mia3

I am a little skeptical, but I know Sephora has an amazeballs return policy in case I'm not satisfied so we shall see! But I have only heard amazing things.

Clarisonic claims on their site that the Mia will do the following:

"Sonic skin cleansing improves skin tone, reduces the appearance of pore size and helps skin care products work their best.The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth skin. In just 60 seconds, the micro-massage action removes 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. Removing more dirt and oil from your pores also helps products work more effectively."

mia2

The products I'll be using it with are:
  • Philosophy's Purity Made Simple (Review)
  • Witch Hazel for my Toner (Review)
  • Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
I'm gonna try to do weekly updates for a month and at the end do any actual review!

But first, anyone have a Clarisonic already?

♥ Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment