Monday, January 31, 2011

This Time Around

Hello Lovelies!

I've had a realization and I want to share it with you.

If you don't know, I've struggled with my weight my whole life. When I was little it was merciless teasing and name calling and now its "Oh you'd be such a knock out...if you lost weight".

But up until now, every time I try to lose weight, I approach it the same way.

As a number.

I mentally think, "I want to lose X amount of pounds". But that just seems so robotic and not going to get me anywhere. And it hasn't. Its one thing to set a weight goal, its another to envision a new mentality.

I finally realized that I need to stop caring about the number but instead care about how I'll feel. I mean I could lose all the weight, but it means nothing if I'm not happy.

Happiness isn't a number on the scale, its a feeling. Its a state of being.

And being healthy and happy are intertwined.

They're best friends. This is true at a medical level too. Endorphins! But think about it at the emotional level. You'll feel great about yourself and will be happy!

So that's how I'm going to approach this. Of course, its gonna be hard. I have a $800 meal plan at my school's oh-so-healthy cafeteria which I have to use. But that just adds to the fun?

Any tips, tricks, suggestions? Let me know!

♥ Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Meal plans are tricky. Usually you can buy things like fruit (the grapes in my caf are always awesome), yogurt, milk and veggies. Also, I don't know about your school, but mine has like a build your own omelet station (veggies and egg whites=delish), soups, subs etc. Just don't get pizza and fries everyday, however also don't deprive yourself.

    ReplyDelete