Saturday, March 26, 2011

2 Allergic Reactions. 1 Day.

Hello Lovelies!

I just HAVE to share my experience with a 2 products I picked up YESTERDAY. That was so horrific that it had to be shared. Now, keep in mind, I RARELY have an allergic reaction to anything!

The first? Clean & Clear's Persa-Gel 10 Acne Spot Treatment.

thedevilinatube

For some reason my skin has decided to break out, regular blemishes and painful cystic acne (which I thought I grew out of). So desperate I ran to CVS and got this tube of horror.

I knew it was strong, but with phrases like "DERMATOLOGISTS LOVE IT! BEST THING EVER!", okay not those exact words but words of praise nonetheless, I had to try it. So I dotted it on my face, applied moisturizer and called it a night.

I woke up to a gruesome sight. My skin was RED, RAW, PEELING, BURNING, ITCHING. Yes, lovelies, it felt like it was burning off. To say it was an allergic reaction would be an understatement. Complete understatement.

I couldn't get rid of it! I applied a week's worth of moisturizer and it slightly calmed it down, but all I wanted to do was scratch the rest of my face off.

Lovely, right?

Well did I mention when I was CVS I saw something that looked awesome? Something that had a "TRY ME FREE!" rebate attached and 40% off?!

Enter, Physician's Formula's Lash Boost Eyeliner. Now, I should slap myself. Years ago, I tried one of their mascaras and had a reaction. But this looked so awesome. Its a pen liquid liner with a brush applicator! And there is some BS that there is serum to help your lashes grow.

MORELIKEEYEINFLAMER

6 hours after applying this, my eyelid started to itch. And itch more. I ran to the mirror to see my eye look like an obese cherry tomato. And where was all the swollen goodness by? The lash line! That muffin-fetching liner decided to attack me.

Now why the delay? I have no idea. All I know is that it was the only new product I used. I mean the package says 24-Hour wear on it. So maybe after 6 hours, the lash serum kicks in? No clue. But as I think about it, it did itch a little this morning but I was so consumed with the burning face skin to not differentiate between the two.


So now that I have warned you of these two products which have destroyed my face for the day, I have to ask a question, anything I or any other readers need to fear/watch out for?!

I'm gonna go put a bag of frozen corn on my face.
♥ Chelsea


Photo Credit for la Google for the Persa-Gel picture, because I fear that stuff too much now to take its mug shot.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I love your use of 'muffin-fetching' I may swipe that phrase from you! I am sorry about your bad reactions, I hope you feel/de-irritated-face soon!

    ReplyDelete