Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Motivation

I think I finally realized something. I NEED to get back on track with my weight loss. I did well the first half of the month and then once I got back to school, everything fell apart.

My mom is pretty sick now and it irks me that I'm hundreds of miles away and can't help or take care of her. While her sickness is not weight related, it has made me realize that my family suffers from many weight related diseases. I've had 2 of my Uncles suffer heart attacks and undergo heart surgery. Healthy men. Now they're doing well but the fear is still there. I lost someone I always wanted to meet from a heart attack, my mom's Dad. Heart disease runs in the family.

I need to take care of myself. I'm healthy as a horse now, despite having an under-active thyroid. The time is now. God has blessed me with this life and I have got to take care of myself. I need to get back on track. I need to get back to the gym and do cardio and eat healthily.

This was a much needed wake up call. And I love you all for your support. It means a lot. I love getting tweets reassuring me that some one else is on Team Chelsea.

But I think we all need to take a little better care of ourselves.

♥ Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment